Dan Solo : Editor
In his 15+ years in education, Dan Solo (no known direct blood connection to Han), has taught photography to kids, snowboarding to the elderley, pathophysiology to paramedics, avalanche bombing to teenagers, first aid to frantic mums and everything in between.
He is an entrepreneur with almost annoying levels of enthusiasm and optimism. As an expert problem solver, ‘no’ is never an option.
He’s an obsessive geek, techno multi-tasker and early adopter. An iPhone-on-Day-1 guy. He loves his technolgy clean, functional, fun and preferably mind-blowing.
His visions are big. He’s travelled the world extensively and is passionate about improving educational access for all people, of all ages, in all countries. He prides himself on his rampant idealism.
Facts about Dan
1. he once lived in a cabin high in the Swiss Alps and was responsible for the keys to the chocolate fridge.
2. he’s spent a cold night in an old-growth tree top at the age of 16 to save it from woodchipping.
3. he’s a qualified white-water raft guide, ski patroller, paramedic, snowboard instructor and sculpture artist.
4. he once spent a full day cycling up Japan’s steepest mountain (and 17 minutes cycling back down).
5. he’s a ridiculously dedicated dad who named his son (Akira) after a cult Japanese Manga movie.